Top games on Chrome Web Store that you can play offline or online on PC and Chromebook
These computers are perfect for studying and for working, but what if we wanted to use them to play some games during breaks and moments of leisure that happen to us? At present we can use i games in the Google Web Store (available on any PC that supports Google Chrome), download the games available on the Google Play Store (since ChromeOS natively supports Android apps) or use a compatible cloud gaming service to play the same games seen on a Windows PC.
In the following guide we will show you how to install games on chromebook and how to install games as apps on Google Chrome, so you can choose which game to launch and which platform to play on.
READ ALSO -> Best Chromebooks to buy, Google’s super-fast laptops
1) Top games from the Chrome Web Store
For some healthy fun we can try the apps in the Google Web Chromethe app and extension store available on both ChromeOS and the Google Chrome browser.
The best games to try right away are:
- BattleTabs: war game with Viking ships and many game options, including online multiplayer. Earn points to unlock new ships and build your fleet with special attacks.
- 2048: strategy and skill game in which we have to move the boxes to create a tile with the number 2048. At each turn, a new tile will appear randomly in an empty spot on the board with a value of 2 or 4. At each level the difficulty increases of the board.
- Colorful Rubik’s Cube: game in which we have to turn the Rubik’s cube, trying to solve it in the shortest possible time and in the least number of moves.
- Cut the Rope: famous game in which we have to feed a little monster with candies by cutting the right strings.
In the past, there were many more games in the Chrome Web Storebut the arrival of web app-based gaming platforms, support for Android apps on Chromebooks and the arrival of cloud gaming services have reduced the role of Google apps, to the point that very few games are still well updated by the developers.
2) Best games from the Google Play Store
On Chromebooks we can install the games present in the Google Play Store, so that we can pass the time with the same games already seen on Android phones.
To activate the Google Play Store, all we have to do is turn on the Chromebook, click on the Quick Settings Panel at the bottom right, press on Settingsscroll through the list and finally click on Activate next to the entry Google Play Store.
After activation we open the Google Play Store app and try some of the best games seen on Android:
- Asphalt 9 Legends: the most famous car racing game, with numerous cars and circuits to race on even in online multiplayer.
- Terraria: 2D adventure game full of challenges, hidden treasures and amazing battles to face.
- Alto’s Odyssey: another 2D adventure game set in a majestic desert, vast and unexplored. In the game we will guide Alto in an endless journey by sandboarding and discovering the many hidden secrets.
- Fallout Shelter: a video game where we have to manage a fallout shelter, with all its necessities and lurking dangers. A must have on your Chromebook right now for the high level of entertainment on offer.
- Among Us: another famous PC game that we can install on Chromebook as an Android app. With Among Us we will have to discover the secrets of a space base together with other people and find out who is the traitor hiding among the participants.
To try other Android games on Chromebook we can read our guides to best android games awarded by google and users and ai best free android games to download.
3) PC gaming on Chromebooks
To play most of the games available for Windows PCs also on Chromebooks, we recommend installing the app GeForce NOW directly from Google Play Store.
The service is also accessible from a web browser via official linkbut it is advisable to always install the app to get full support for all the games in the catalog.
The best games that we can use from cloud gaming are:
- Fortnite: The PC version featured on GeForce NOW works much better than the Android mobile app and is a must-have if you love the world’s most popular multiplayer fighting game.
- Apex Legends: another very fun game in which we have to fight online multiplayer against other players, using any type of weapon.
- destiny 2: Space adventure game with detailed graphics, challenging story and missions, and lots of futuristic firearms.
- Cyberpunk 2077: one of the most talked-about games of recent years, where it is possible to wander around a futuristic city in search of new systems, new modifications and new weapons to be used to complete the thousands of missions present.
- Control Ultimate Edition: a paranormal adventure game in which we will have to defeat a silent and invisible threat using a special gun and superpowers.
On the same topic we can read our article on best cloud gaming service.
Chromebook can become a valid gaming device for any type of gamer: in fact we find the casual and immediate games of the Google Web Store and the Google Play Store, but we can also install more demanding games that can support multiplayer (such as those seen in the Google Play Store and on NVIDIA GeForce NOW).
To learn more, we can read our ai guides Chromebook tricks for working online and offline and at difference between Notebook and Chromebook.